Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Do You Like the Mountains? Want to Follow this Life Coaching Blog ?


Do you like the Mountains?

  * By the way ... I neglected to add the "Follow" feature when I debuted my first post. Should you desire to know when my blogs post you can sign up to be notified! See the side bar to the right if you are interested.

* * * * * * * * * * 
Some days walking has been a journey of peering into my heart.  Especially when I am walking alone.  Lately I have had SUCH fun walking with some girlfriends and always enjoy those evening walks with my husband and our little Ber pup but when I am alone … I am not alone. :) My walks alone are more prayer walks and I do enjoy sharing my heart and requests with my King and Lord and listening.  Listening ? Oh, yes,  in my heart.  He works on me transforming my heart. Yes, please! I pray He never stops until I go Home to be with Him in Heaven!

It occurred to me one day when out walking alone looking at the Santa Monica Mountains in my area and I was  reflecting on missing my Colorado Rocky Mountains and the mesas in New Mexico where I grew up.   All of the sudden it occurred to me that I should perhaps practice what I preach? (Novel idea don’t you think? :) ) Perhaps, in obedience to my Lord, I should be “content where I am planted.” I can see the Santa Monica mountain range ... I have much to be thankful for!

Philippians 4:11 New American Standard Bible “Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.” 

Content: Am I? Are you? We are called to be as we submit to His plan for our lives and rest in that plan and trust Him.  He is our loving Father!  So … there is beauty (incredible beauty!) in all the types of mountains the Lord has created and personally mountains ARE my thing! IF I am focused on finding beauty in these local "mountains" then I will see it! If I am focused on historically thinking back on the more grandeous beauty of the past mountains in my life then I am anything but content! Disobedience and grumbling? Yep!  I need to make sure I am THANKING Him for planting me right where I am and not be complaining about what I do not see ... the Rocky Mountains!  I am not the "PLANTER" ... I am the "PLANTEE." Pretty presumptuous to complain about where He sovereignly PUT /PLANTED me don't you think? "Be Grateful Shortcake" is what I hear in my heart!  Be content!

(Below: Dennis and I went to the top of Pike's Peak mountain when we were in Colorado for our niece and now-nephew's wedding this summer! Never had been there! Pretty spectacular!)      

Santa Monica Mountains! Gorgeous too!

Psalm 121 NLB

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.

I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!
He will not let you stumble;
    the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
    never slumbers or sleeps.
The Lord himself watches over you!
    The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm
    and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
    both now and forever.

    
One of my favorite verses! Enjoy where you are planted today! You are "there" on purpose! His purpose!

Blessings!
Coach Kathleen